Ex-model speaks on how she met her superstar husband


Fashion and beauty entrepreneur, Nicole Chikwe, speaks on career and being married to Nigerian music star
Says she sometimes feels the pressure of being with a superstar but does not let it get to her
Ex-model and beauty entrepreneur Nicole Chikwe has spoken on her past career in modelling, childhood, education and how she met and married Nigerian hip hop star Naeto C.
She spoke recently to Punch saying she loves to read books, even though she is a beauty entrepreneur these days.
Rapper Naeto C and wife Nicole Chikwe
Rapper Naeto C and wife Nicole Chikwe

She said: “I’m an ex-model and a beauty entrepreneur. I have a bachelor’s degree in Economics, a certificate in Business Accounting from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and an MSc in Finance. I had a great childhood and I have a very loving family. As a child, I read a lot of books and I was also very sporty.”

On her modelling and how it all came about, Nicole said everything started when she returned to Lagos.
She said a close friend sent her photos to a couple of modelling agencies and everything picked up from there.
She said: “A close friend, Isoken Ogiemwonyi, introduced me to modelling shortly after I earned my first degree and moved back to Lagos. I had always been told I could become a model because of my facial structure and height. She sent my photos to about five modelling agencies and they all agreed to meet with me. That was how I ended up in Beth Model Management. I modelled full-time for about two years and I’m so proud of Nigerian models like Mayowa Nicholas. I think there are so many opportunities for Nigerian models because our fashion and beauty industries are growing rapidly. We definitely have some of the best models in the world here in Nigeria, and hopefully the world will get to see more of us very soon.”
She also spoke about her passion in beauty and fashion regardless of having studied Finance in school.
She said: “Nevertheless, deep down I’m a geek and I love numbers. I think having a degree in Finance is useful in every facet of life- from beauty to fashion to sports to even pharmacy. When I was much younger, I dreamt of becoming a doctor and living in America but that clearly didn’t happen. Most of all, I wanted to be happy and settled. Thankfully, I’m currently living my dreams.”
She currently runs a beauty website even as she is looking to collaborate with a viable brand in order to put out a limited edition range of bath and body products.
She said in addition: “I’m also working on developing a beauty app with my business partner. Hopefully, it will be launched by the end of the second quarter of this year.”
In 2010, she met with super star rapper Naeto C and she reveals it was quite a process getting to know each other and bonding.
It all paid off however as they have both been married since then.
She said: “A mutual friend introduced my husband-Naeto C, and I to each other in July 2010. It definitely took a while for us to get used to each other, especially as I was only 22 when we met. But my hubby made it a seamless process for me because he is a very down-to-earth person.”
On the pressures of being married to a celebrity, she said:

“Sometimes I feel the pressure that comes with being married to a celebrity. Most times, I don’t allow the pressure get to me. I’m very comfortable with who I am and I don’t live my life in other to get the approval of others. If I feel like dressing up, I go all the way, but if I don’t- then I just don’t and I’m fine with it.”
Nicole and Naeto C have been married since July 21 2012. The couple welcomed their first child in March 2013.


PLEASE SHARE ON:


Don't miss future updates - Enter your BEST email address below and hit "Subscribe" to receive timely updates

Delivered by Entertain Naija